Griha-Pravesh Puja is one such ceremony which is performed to conciliate with the gods and planets thus that the inmates of the house are endued with good fortune. Ganesh-puja, Navagraha-puja (worship of the nine planets), and worship of the Vastu Purusha should be performed. The residents of the building should then Itinerate the building. Then puja should be done to the threshold. Performed to ensure peace and harmony within the new House, the Griha Pravesh Puja holds both, scientific and spiritual worth for each Hindu believer and follower.
Three varieties of Griha Pravesh have been mentioned in our Ancient scriptures and Vedic books:
- Apoorva: The first entrance of the members to a recently build Home or a new selected piece of land is referred to as Apoorva i.e. New Griha Pravesh.
- Sapoorva: Post travelling abroad i.e. after the migration; entry of the members to their existing Home is referred to as Sapoorva i.e. Re Griha Pravesh.
- Dwandwah: When members of the House again enter it after renovation or reconstruction; it’s termed as Dwandwah i.e. Old Griha Pravesh.
Importance and Significance of Griha Pravesh Puja
The purchasing of a new house is one among the foremost vital stages of life and this ritual and custom of Griha Pravesh Puja is necessary for each Hindu believer or follower. It’s believed as per Astrological and Vedic science that a new bought home might have the sin of millions of deaths of organisms over it throughout the method of construction. Additionally, the land on which it’s designed will be impure and it will infest negativity and evil forces. The Griha Pravesh puja is a precautionary measure to fortify the protection of your Home and its family members while assuring the nurturing of quality and prosperity within the Home premises. It is basically conciliation with the Gods and Goddesses to stay a secure watch on the fortune of the house and its members.
Benefits of Griha Pravesh Puja
- Griha Pravesh Puja brings peace, good fortune and harmony within the life of the members staying within the new House.
- The Griha Pravesh Havan or Griha Pravesh Yagya is a part of the Griha Pravesh Puja. It purifies the mind, body and soul of the members of the House and also, purifies and spiritualizes the surrounding and surroundings of the house with holy vibration and a divine ambiance.
- It also marks an auspicious starting of the new section of life of the members of the House and for this purpose solely Ganesha Puja is performed whereas conducting the Home Ingratiation Puja. It also removes all the obstacles.
- Kalash Sthapana Puja which is a a part of the Home Ingratiation Puja is performed to accomplish the worship of everything within the universe.
- The Vastu Shanti Puja ceremony is also performed throughout Griha Pravesh Puja to appease the gods and planets so the owner of the home is endued with fate and every one the planets i.e. Navagraha and Vastu God is also adored so that no damage can be caused either to the house or it’s inmates.