Puja & Anushthaans
In Hindu shastras, mantras and rituals have been given prime importance for benefit of mankind. Astrology being an indispensable part of Hindu Dharma also prescribes the suitable mantras and rituals to solve the various problems of the life. The greatest Yogi and astrologer Maharshi Parasara in his greatest classic ‘ Brihat Prasara Horashastra’ has suggested suitable remedies such as ‘Japa of Lord Shiva’ to ward-off evil effects of Rahu, Japa of ‘Shiva Sahasranama’, Recitation of ‘Kali Mantra’ and Mahamritunjaya, for sound health, Chanting of ‘Vishnu Sahasranama’ to strengthen mercury, and Worship of ‘Naga Deva’ to appease Rahu.
The Connection between ‘Vedas’, astrology’ and mantras is beautifully elucidated by Jyotirvid ‘J.N. Bhasin’ in his book ‘Astrology and Vedas’. In Mantra 10 of the 19th Khanda of Atharva Veda goes like this
May we get welfare from the planets like the Moon. May we get welfare from the Sun, as well as from the Rahu, may we have welfare from “MRITYU” and “Dhoomketu”, may we receive welfare· from “RUDRAS” with fierce rays.
Thus in Veda itself, the propitiation of planets has been suggested. Here ‘Sun’ and ‘Moon’ has been given special significance along with DhoomKetu (an Upagraha). Sun and Moon are direct source of energy for all human beings. These are only two energies which can be directly seen and felt. However, this Shloka also suggests to get the welfare from other planets.
Another Mantra 11 of 51st Shloka of Rigveda eulogies ‘Suryadev’
O Sun, our greatest Friend, rising High up in the Sky, Please destroy my heart disease that is taking away my life.
This is very unique connection with astrology. It is well established fact that ‘Heart Disease’ is strongly related to weakness of Sun in the birth chart. Whoever is facing the heart problems, Propitiating Lord Surya is the greatest remedy.
I am only emphasising the point that ‘Mantras’ are very potent remedial weapons to fight against any distress in life. This is well supported even by Vedas, the greatest source of inspiration in Hindu Dharama. Down the line, Puranas were well documented by Maharshi ‘Veda Vyasa’ for the overall benefit of Mankind. Several Vratas and rituals for specific mundane problems are enumerated at suitable places. For instance, Chanting of ‘Santan Gopal Mantra’ can bless you with an outstanding child. The Couples struggling to get a child must do this Mantras to solve the infertility problems. Again worshipping of ‘Maa Katyayani’ is prescribed for getting a suitable husband. It can also solve the ‘delayed marriage’ issue. Similarly, the worshipping of ‘Lord Surya’ can impart sound Health. It destroys all diseases and gives victory over arch enemies. Like this, there are different kinds of Pooja and rituals are prescribed in various Shastras. The most common Poojas and their benefits are given in this website at suitable places.
Propitiation of Planets by Prayers and Fasting
Hindu astrology revolves around 9 planets viz Sun, moon, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, Rahu and Ketu. Whenever a planet is causing malefic effects in the chart being the Lord of 6th, 8th and 12th houses (Trik Houses) and Marakars (Lord of 2nd and 7th), propitiation of that planet becomes a necessity. A functional malefic planet brings all sorts of obstructions, failures and may cause death like situation in its Dasha and Antardasha. However, Propitiation can be carried out for any benefic planet for specific results. The Prayers and Mantras for each planet are given for your benefit.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ ह्रां ह्रीं ह्रौं सः सूर्याय नमः | daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting of mantra should be started on Sunday falling in ‘Shukla Paksha’
- Fasting on Sundays can also be done to appease Surya.
- The maximum number of fasts to be observed is 30 and minimum 12.
- Chanting of ‘Aditya Strotam’ has been prescribed to win over enemies.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ श्रां श्रीं श्रौं सः सौमाय नमः | daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting of mantra should be started on Monday falling in ‘Shukla Paksha’
- Fasting on Mondays is always prescribed for getting the blessings of Moon.
- Minimum no of fasts -10 and maximum 54.
- Chanting of Lord Shiva, ‘Shiva Sahasranama’ is very useful to appease Lord Chandra.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ ब्रां ब्रीं ब्रौं सः बुधये नमः | daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Wednesday during ‘Shukla Paksha’.
- Fasting can be done on Wednesday. Wear Green clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-21
- ‘Vishnu Sahasranama’ must be chanted daily to ward-off all evil effects of Mercury.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ ग्रां ग्रीं ग्रौं सः गुरवे नमः| daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Thursday during ‘Shukla Paksha’.
- Fasting can be done on Thursday. Wear Yellow clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-16
- 108 names of ‘Guru’ can be chanted to get HIS blessings.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ क्रां क्रीं क्रौं सः भौमाय नमः| daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Tuesdays during ‘Shukla Paksha’.
- Fasting can be done on Tuesday. Wear red clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-21
- Chanting of ‘Hanuman Chalisha’ is very effective against all evils.
- Chanting of Mantra ‘ॐ हुँ हनुमतये नमः स्वाहा’ brings victory over enemies.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ द्रां द्रीं द्रौं सः शुक्राय नमः| daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Friday during ‘Shukla Paksha’.
- Fasting can be done on Friday. Wear White clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-21
- ॐ श्रीं श्रीं महालक्ष्मये नमः | is a very powerful mantra to gain lot of wealth. One won’t be in dearth of money.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ प्रां प्रीं प्रौं सः शनिचरे नमः| daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Saturday during ‘Shukla Paksha’.
- Fasting can be done on Saturday. Wear black clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-19
- Worshiping of Lord Hanuman or Lord Shiva can bring relief from distress of Shanidev.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ भ्रां भ्रीं भ्रौं सः राहवे नमः| daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Saturday during ‘Shukla Paksha’, as Rahu is very close to Saturn.
- Fasting can be done on Saturday. Wear dark brown clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-18
- Worshiping of Maa Durga and recitation of ‘Devi Suktam’ would certainly clear all the confusions in life. Rahu is primary karaka of Confusion.
- Chant the Tantrik Mantra – ॐ स्त्रां स्त्रीं स्त्रौं सः केतवे नमः| daily 108 times (min)
- The chanting can be started on Tuesday during ‘Shukla Paksha’, as Ketu is very close to Mars.
- Fasting can be done on Tuesday. Wear black clothes to get the maximum benefits.
- No of fasts-18
- Worshiping of ‘Lord Ganapati’ can be a powerful antidote for Ketu malefic effects. Chant ‘ॐ गं गणपतये नमः’ to appease Lord Ganesh.
Common Japam, Puja and their positive effects
|s.no||NAME OF THE JAPAM & POOJA
|1||Maha mritunjay Japa
|Protection against Death especially in Markesha Dasa (2nd and 7th Lord)|
|2||Santan gopal japam & harvansh puran path||Problems in Having Child|
|3||Navgraha japam||For propitiation of all planets. It is suggested for overall prosperity.|
|4||Batuk bhairav mantra japam||For Victory in Court cases and defeating of enemies.|
|5||Maha vidhya mantra japam & path||Protection against evil forces|
|6||Van durga path & japam||Victory over enemies|
|7||Vastu pujan||To Bring peace and prosperity in the House|
|8||Baglamukhi japam & path||To win court cases|
|(a)||With Milk||To have child|
|(b)||With Oil||To defeat enemies|
|(c)||With sugarcane Juice||To attain enormous wealth|
|(d)||With green grass juice||To attain sound health|
|10||Sri durga saptshati path|
|(a)||Sarwa badha path||To remove all obstructions|
|(b)||Rogan-sheshan path||To get cured|
|(c)||Mano kamana path||To fulfill every desire|
|(d)||Shatru badha Path||To destroy opponents|
|11||Moola shanti||To overcome Moola Dosha.|
|12||Tripindi & narayan bali||Protection against Premature Death|
|13||Vishnu sahastra nam , hanuman chalisa , bajrang ban , hanumanth path , shambhunjay , indrakshi stotra , ganesh sankat nashan stotra , rin mochan , mangal mantra||For overall Prosperity and gains in every aspect of life.|
|14||Shiv puran , skandh puran , ganesh puran , Vishnu puran , agni puran , garun puran||As and When required. Primarily to instill positive energy in the native.|
|15||Katyani jap||For delay in marriage|
|16||Nakshatra pooja||As Per Chart|
|17||Kal sharp dosh nivaran pooja||To Overcome Inauspicious effects of Rahu and Ketu.|
|18||Manglik Dosha pooja||To overcome Manglik Dosha between couple|